Tips for test 1
1. Definition of manufacturing process
- the making of product from raw materials using various processes, equipments, operations and manpower according to a detailed plan.
in terms of technology:
- is the application of physical and chemical processes to alter the geometry properties, and/or appearance of a given starting material to make part or products.
in terms of economic:
- is the transformation of materials into items of greater value by means one or more processing involve.
2. Lean manufacturing @ production
- a systematic approach to identifying and eliminating waste in manufacturing process through continuous improvement by following the product at the demand of the customer.
2.1 Benefit of lean manufacturing
- overhead operating costs reduces by 30%
- sales ($) per employee 10 times higher
- profit 4 times
- lead time cut by 50% to 90%
- process queues cut by 70%
2.2 Principle of lean manufacturing
- voice of customers
- continuous improvement
- recognize & eliminating waste of: 1, over production 2, inventory 3, defects
3. Just in Time (JIT)
Raw material, parts & components (RPC) are delivered to the manufacturer just in time to be used,
parts & components (PC) are produced JIT to be made into subassemblies & assemblies,
and products are finished JIT to be delivered to the customer.
3.1 Benefits and Advantages of JIT
- low inventory / carrying cost
- fast detection of defects in the production or the delivery of supplies and hence, low scrap loss
- reduced inspection and reworking of parts
- high quality products made at low cost
4. KANBAN system
- integrated with the implementation of JIT concept
- means “visible record”